Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Progress

Progress around here continues to be made, though it feels like it happens at a snail's pace. We are hosting a party on Saturday and things need to happen. Funny, it isn't the food or drink that has me stressed, it is construction.

You wouldn't know it when you first walked in, but we are far from put back together from the painting and floor installation. Oh, everything looks good at first glance. Then you notice we have no switchplate covers, the tv console still needs to be switched for one with no damage (thanks Mahogany and More!), Several bags of belongings still await sorting and distribution.

I sweep every day, I straighten several times a day, I am getting laundry done, loading/unloading the dishwasher, and trying to tackle a new chore every day. I look around and see many things half done. ACK!

Ah well, Saturday is about friendship and connections. As long as we can get the downstairs bathroom operational for the first time in more than a month, I'll be fine!

No comments:

Post a Comment