Thursday, October 29, 2009

Conflicted

I'm conflicted, I'll admit it. This blogging thing is intriguing and frightening all at the same time. It is easy to see it as a journal, but only if you intend to let friends and strangers read your journal. A journal with the loss of privacy- does that defeat the purpose, or simply change the meaning?

What do I have to say that is interesting enough for folks to read? What makes me think I have something that needs to be or should be shared? Do I want the matters in my mind, both trivial and profound to find their way into the blogosphere? Hmmm... much to think on.

In the meantime, I am going to go easy on myself and see this as a place to catch people up to date in a way the Facebook just doesn't do. Why shouldn't I let little pieces of me out in the world for others to see/hear? If I find my friends' blogs interesting, why shouldn't others feel the same about my efforts?

Lately I have been doing quite a bit of thinking about life and where it has brought me and where I am going. Guess it is just that phase of life and I am looking for a place to put my thoughts down.

Maybe I am taking this too seriously and I will find my entries focused on the day-to-day, the mundane, the normal stuff that happens to us all. We shall see.....

No comments:

Post a Comment